Thank you for letting us know/choosing to report something that has happened. Things might feel difficult or tough at the moment, but by choosing to provide your contact details, we'll be able to help provide you with better support and try to prevent something similar from happening again.
- listen and advise you of support available at the RVC. You will be believed and treated with dignity and respect
- explain your options for reporting formally under RVC procedures or to the police (where relevant). We will not pressure you to make a formal report, but will support you if you wish to do so
- arrange referrals to Counselling and Mental Health support if appropriate
- signpost you to specialist external organisations that can also offer advocacy and support
- consider any practical adjustments that may need to be considered for you and liaise with relevant staff to get these in place e.g. for students: assessment deadlines, deferrals, adjustments to accommodation if you are in RVC accommodation, liaising with security over any safety concerns etc. For staff: if appropriate consider temporary change of line manager, place of work, duties or team.
- Take all precautionary actions needed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of any students/staff involved
If you need urgent support on campus, call the RVC Security Team on 01707 66 6258 (Hawkshead) or 020 7468 5121 (Camden). If you are off campus, contact the Emergency Services on 999.